The American Red Cross is not a government agency; it relies on the donations of time, money and resources from individuals in the local community, corporate partners and like-minded foundations to do its work.
Red Cross Services are provided throughout Colorado thanks to the generous commitment of thousands of local volunteers who:
- Help individuals and communities prepare for, respond to and recover from disasters;
- Teach lifesaving skills to tens of thousands of individuals;
- Provide transportation for the critically ill and elderly and;
- Offer support to U.S. service members and their families in Colorado.
- And provide lifesaving information to immigrant and migrant communities, promote international Humanitarian Law and reconnect families separated by war or disaster.